Sunday, May 24, 2015

Camp Solomon Schechter Promo Video (2014)







The two summers that I spent at Camp Solomon Schechter made a lasting impression on me.  It was my first time away from my parents and the first time that I had been around other Jewish teens.  It also helped give me a much broader vision of life.  I learned about Judaism and social justice. 

When thing I found out was being Jewish from a small town (Walla Walla) could be considered by some to be just as unusual as being Jewish in a small town. Luckily the first time I had my sister and a friend from Pendleton Oregon. The second year, I was in the older session, but had family friend Mimi Arfin and Marla, who was from California, but whose grandparents were part of the Walla Walla Jewish community.

I attended the camp in the summers of 1971 and 1972.

No comments: