Thursday, March 13, 2014

Golden Tate Leaving The 'Hawks

One of my favorite Seahawks Golden Tate has joined another team via free agency.  Golden Tate has signed a five year deal with the Detroit Lions.  Golden was Seattle's leading wide receiver, but even better, he was the team's "Dennis The Menace" seemingly always falling into some controversy.
The first time that he made news in Seattle, he was caught sneaking into a Top Pot Doughnut shop.  He proceeded to give the company advertising worth hundreds more than what he had taken. Then came the controversial catch to beat the Green Bay Packers on MNF.  ESPN analysts treated it like a national tragedy and the NFL knew they needed to bargain with the striking NFL officials.  There was the taunting of a defender during the Rams game, but after Terrell Owens taking out a pen and autographing a football in our stadium years ago, it was nice to see us doing the trash talk. Tate caught 64 passes for 898 yards last season, and scored 5 touchdowns
I was also sorry to see guard Breno Giacomini leave, the former Seahawk tackle signed with the New York Jets.  His wife was a frequent customer at The UPS Store in Crossroads.  I got to meet Breno at the store a couple weeks ago and congratulate him on the Super Bowl win.


1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

I feel bad! I know nothing about football! I did watch a game once and was asked to describe the game to my blind friend. I made a mess of it!